iProdTech were commissioned to undertake a sand management study for an offshore gas field in SE Asia. The study involved the following items:
- High level assessment of sand production risks for asset (e.g. to assess if any wells are sand producers and the evidence to support this).
- Ranked view on root cause of sand failure within selected wells.
- Recommendations on whether a surface sand management strategy is applicable, and/or whether remedial sand control options should be considered (either proactively or as a reactive strategy).
- Determination of well operating envelopes.
- Preparation of a detailed sand management plan including sand control strategy, sand and erosion monitoring strategy, well operating envelopes, bean-up guidelines, sand handling at surface, and roles & responsibilities for sand management.