iProdTech were contracted by an E&P company to conduct a review of their well completion design for future development wells in an onshore field located in the Kurdistan region in Iraq. The specific focus of the completion design review included the following areas:
- Cemented, cased and perforated versus openhole sandface completions including alternative options for zonal isolation in particular control of gas (and water in later field life) breakthrough.
- Effectiveness of stimulation and clean up.
- Requirement for reservoir access and implications with respect to well and reservoir performance.
- Hole size and deviation through the reservoir section. With particular respect to reservoir management and data gathering activities e.g. dual vs. single ESP options, ability to install by-pass tubing, etc.
- Perforation or other completion strategies for managing gas influx including zonal isolation, perforation techniques and ESP technologies.
A decision matrix analysis was conducted to inform the conceptual completion design recommendation. This analysis included an estimate of the costs (both CAPEX and OPEX) and operational / life of field risks with inputs provided by the client’s well engineering, completion, operations and subsurface teams.